ACT – do potential improvements
1. Based on evaluation and monitoring, introduce any necessary
2. Keep on communicating the results and achievements with the port
community and stakeholders.
3. Whenever possible, apply the technology in all new quays/wharfs.
4. Whenever possible, discuss the development of OPS, the environmental
potential and the economic incentives with authorities, politicians, shipping
lines and maritime organizations.
5. Collaborate with other ports and share experience.
6. If possible, extend the use of OPS to other vessels in your port.
7. Combine OPS with other emission reduction solutions like train shuttles,
ecodriving for working machines, etc. OPS is not the only environmental
mitigation measure available.