DO – implementing your OPS project
1. Select the vessel fleet/shipping line with the greatest cost effectiveness
and environmental benefits.
2. Choose the appropriate technical solution
3. If possible, purchase energy produced from a renewable energy source to
achieve a maximum environmental net benefit.
4. Agree on the commercial set-up between port authority, terminal operator
and shipping company.
5. Establish a Memorandum of Understanding with your client or mandate
OPS as a requirement in new contracts/leases with new terminal
6. Implement the technology on both the quayside and the vessels.
7. Set up a communications plan and share your work/efforts with community,
customers, employees, local authority, etc.